- Spanish Flashcards has a wide variety of flashcards and online activities for teachers and students. Some of the information is free to everyone. A small yearly subscription will allow access to all information.
- Quizlet is a free site that allows teachers to either create their own flashcards or search for sets created by other teachers. Students enjoy the games that are associated with this website.
- New Jersey World Languages Curriculum Framework This resource for World Language educators provides ideas and examples for performance assessments and several models for curriculum planning. There are examples of exhibitions and projects for language learners, sample rubrics for assessments and ideas for student portfolios.
- Deveoping Speaking and Writing Tasks This MLPA Miniguide contains a framework that will help you create speaking and writing tasks and tests that are directly linked to what you do in class. You will find tools and worksheets that you can tailor to your own context and your students’ needs, using a model based on extensive research and piloting done by the Minnesota Articulation Project members and the Assessment Team at the Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition.
- Virtual Assessment Center This resource is invaluable for beginning as well as veteran teachers. Assessment in the world language classroom is the focus of the research. Teachers can find information on different theories, as well as suggestions for authentic assessments.
- Zambombazo has a great deal of current listening activites with videos and songs that students love. It is a website designed to teach culture and develop all skills with learning a language. There are many pdf files with lessons that can be used as they are or easily adapted to individual class use.
- Spanish Proficiency Exercises is a website that has a variety of short listening excerpts from a variety of speakers from different countries.
- Collection of Assessment Documents and Planning Curriculum Materials Thomas Sauer, World Language Curriculum Specialist for Jefferson County Public Schools in Kentucky, provides a collection of assessment documents for World Language teachers. The documents include unit outlines, sample performance tasks and assessment rubrics. The World Language Performance Assessment Rubrics were adapted from ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, ACTFL Performance Guidelines from K-12 Learners and LinguaFolio. Rubrics are organized by major focus and minor focus and provide descriptors for proficiency levels from Novice Low to Advanced Low. World Language Profiles also outline what students can do at each level of study. Each profile includes a learner profile and learning targets (for the modes of communication) for each theme in the units of study for the different language levels.
- Reading Exercises is a selection of short reading excerpts with multiple choice questions to check comprehension.
Apps for ipods and ipads
http://sites.google.com/site/melindamlarsonapps/ iPods, iPads, & mobile applications change the way teachers teach and students learn! iPods are completely portable, allowing learning to occur anywhere, any time. Students read, write, create, collaborate, research, and practice. Mobile devices motivate reluctant learners, support struggling learners, and challenge advanced learners.This website higlights useful apps for World Language Learning.
Spanish 4 Teachers
This resource for Spanish teachers has a variety of materials that can be used immediately or with slight modifications. The resources are divided into three types, Lessons, Power Points, and Worksheets and Handouts. The topics range from simple vocabulary to reading practice.
Web de AP
This teacher resource gives many useful sites and ideas for teaching either an Advanced Placement Spanish class or an upper level Spanish class. There are ideas for projects and examples of student contracts for behavior and class participation. There are also examples of placement exams for incoming students to asses their levels of proficiency. Overall, it's a great teacher resource.
provides Wisconsin educators with teacher-reviewed, standards-aligned lessons, interactive tools, video, high-quality digital images, and other resources for use in curriculum development and classroom instruction.